From 25 September 2012
Continuing with the activities associated with its 20th Anniversary celebrations, from 25 September the Museum will be displaying three Renaissance panels from its collection that have never previously been exhibited in its galleries. Painted by Bernhard Strigel, Christoph Scheller and an anonymous German master active in Swabia, they are among the Old Masters that the Museum has on deposit with the Museo Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC). The Annunciation by Bernhard Strigel (ca.1515-20) comprises two panels joined in the centre by a column. On the reverse are polychrome wood sculptures of the hermit saints Paul and Anthony, which have been specially restored for this presentation. The work by an anonymous master consists of doors painted in oil with religious episodes on both sides (ca.1515). These panel paintings will be on display in the Villahermosa Gallery (second floor).