Use for educational purposes is defined as the non-commercial use of images in presentations, lectures, school or university projects, and academic or research publications of which no more than 1,000 not-for-profit copies are printed. Inquiries regarding other uses should be directed to the Museum’s Picture Library.
For other uses of the images, please contact the Picture Library, where you can purchase or lease photographic material of works from the Collection that can be used in publications available for commercial use.
1. If the image is to be reproduced, the work must be reproduced in full. Users may only reproduce a detail or cropped section of the work after obtaining written permission from the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza. In such cases, the image credits must clearly indicate the word “detail” .
2. The image may not be manipulated, changed, modified or altered in any way. In particular, the reproduction may not be superimposed with any other images or text.
3. Permission to reproduce an image is granted solely for private or educational purposes. Use for educational purposes is defined as the non-commercial use of images in presentations, lectures, school or university projects, and academic or research publications of which no more than 1,000 not-for-profit copies are printed.
4. If the images are being used for purposes other than those described above, prior written permission from the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza is required.
6. If the image is reproduced the user must send two free copies of the publication to the Rights and Reproductions Department of the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza. They should be addressed to: Rights and Reproductions Department, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Paseo del Prado 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain.
7. The user agrees to use the image from the website solely and exclusively for the purposes outlined in paragraph 3 and in accordance with these terms. The material may not be used for commercial or advertising purposes without prior authorisation from the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza.