The rights of the images belong to the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza. However, all photographic images are protected by the author’s copyright. Therefore, regardless of the conditions of use of the images set out by the Foundation, it is necessary to obtain a license from VEGAP (www.vegap.es) first or, where applicable, permission from the holders of the rights.
Use for educational purposes is defined as the non-commercial use of images in presentations, lectures, school or university projects, and academic or research publications of which no more than 1,000 not-for-profit copies are printed. Inquiries regarding other uses and formats should be directed to the Museum’s Picture Library.
For commercial uses (including publications) and advertising, the Museum has delegated the management of requests to Scala Archives as exclusive agent for worldwide distribution of its images and for the management of its rights of reproduction.
2. If the image is to be reproduced, the work must be reproduced in full. Users may only reproduce a detail or cropped section of the work after obtaining written permission from the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza. In such cases, the image credits must clearly indicate the word “detail” .
3. The image may not be manipulated, changed, modified or altered in any way. In particular, the reproduction may not be superimposed with any other images or text.
4. Permission to reproduce an image is granted solely for private or educational purposes. Use for educational purposes is defined as the non-commercial use of images in presentations, lectures, school or university projects, and academic or research publications of which no more than 1,000 not-for-profit copies are printed. The material may not be reproduced without first obtaining a licence from VEGAP (described in paragraph 6).
5. If the images are being used for purposes other than those described above, prior written permission from the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza is required.
6. The reproduction of the images made available free of charge by the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza for the purposes described in paragraph 4 are protected by copyright. In Spain, copyrights are managed by an independent body called the Visual Entidad de Gestion de Artistas Plásticas (VEGAP). The material may not be reproduced without first obtaining a licence from VEGAP, (for more information go to www.vegap.es). Any previously licensed reproductions of the copyrighted images, whether in part or in whole, must mention the copyright holder and the following note: Provenance: Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
7. If the image is reproduced the user must send two free copies of the publication to the Rights and Reproductions Department of the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza. They should be addressed to: Rights and Reproductions Department, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Paseo del Prado 8, 28014 Madrid, Spain.
8. The user agrees to use the image from the website solely and exclusively for the purposes outlined in paragraph 4 and in accordance with these terms. The material may not be used for commercial or advertising purposes without prior authorisation from the Fundación Colección Thyssen-Bornemisza. .