Gauguin and the Voyage to the Exotic
- From 9 October 2012 to 13 January 2013
- Temporary exhibition galleries. Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
- Opening times
- Tuesdays to Sundays, 10.00 to 19.00. Saturdays, 10.00 to 22.00 except Saturdays 5 and 12 January 2013 which will be open until 21.00.
- Closed on Mondays.
- The Museum is closed 25 December 2012 and 1 January 2013.
- Entry is divided into 15-minute slots. Last entry is at 18.00 from Tuesday-Sunday, and one hour before closing on Saturdays.
- Visitors are asked to leave the galleries 5 minutes before closing.
Free entry for media professionals (with proof of status) is only from Tuesdays to Saturdays, 13.30 to 17.30 and on Sundays, 14.00pm to 18.00pm.
- Metro: Banco de España.
- Buses: 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 45, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 y 150.
- Train: Atocha, Sol and Recoletos stations.
- Information Service
- Tel: 902 760 511
- Ticket sales
- Limited entry numbers.
Early booking is recommended to ensure entry for the chosen day and time.In order to limit visitor numbers and to ensure that you see the works in comfort, entry is by timed slot every 15 minutes.Please remember that the last entry slot is at 18.00, or 20.00 on Saturdays.
- Advance purchase:
- -At the Museum's ticket office
- -902 760 511
- Available in Spanish, English and French.
- Mobile telephones must not be used in the exhibition rooms.
- Ticket prices
- -Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections € 9,00
- -Gauguin and the Voyage to the Exotic exhibition € 10,00
- -Combined ticket for Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections and Gauguin and the Voyage to the Exotic exhibition € 15,00
Over 65's and pensioners, students, Youth Card holders, Faculty of Fine Arts members, members of large families (this status must be accredited) and disabled with 33% rating
- -Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections € 6,00
- -Gauguin and the Voyage to the Exotic exhibition € 6,00
- -Combined ticket for Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections and Gauguin and the Voyage to the Exotic exhibition € 8,00
- Free admission:
- Children under twelve years of age accompanied by adults
- Citizens who are officially unemployed
- Ground floor.
- The catalogue of the exhibition is on sale only available in Spanish edition.
The Bookshop offers a wide range of publications related to the work of the artist and his biography. In addition in the exhibition shop visitors will also find a wide range of products inspired in the most representative works related with the exhibition such as decorative objects, jewellery, stationery, and childrens' toys designed exclusively for the Museum.