- Into India. South Asian Paintings from the San Diego Museum of Art.
- Organised by
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and with the collaboration of San Diego Museum of Art
- 28 February to 20 May 2012
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
- Sonya Rhie Quintanilla, Curator of Asian Art, San Diego Museum of Art
- Paula Luengo, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid.
- Number of works
- Catalogue summary
Published in Spanish with an appendix in English, the catalogue has a general introductory essay and four texts that introduce each section, covering the complex evolution of Indian painting over a broad chronological span from the 12th century to the mid-19th century. The texts are written by the exhibition’s curator, Sonya Rhie Quintanilla, curator of Asian art at the San Diego Museum of Art. The catalogue includes full-page reproductions of all the 106 works in the exhibition while the texts are illustrated and completed with further comparative images and details of the works.