Impressionism and Open-Air Painting
- Impressionism and Open-Air Painting. From Corot to Van Gogh.
- Organised by
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Madrid.
- From 5 February to 1 May 2013
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Madrid
- Juan Ángel López Manzanares, curator of the Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection (Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Madrid)
- Number of works
- Catalogue summary
The catalogue is published in Spanish and includes four illustrated essays: the first, written by the exhibition’s curator Juan Ángel López-Manzanares, offers a survey of open-air painting through the different artistic movements involved; the essay by Vincent Pomarède focuses on the key figure of Pierre-Henri de Valenciennes; Michel Schulman analyses Georges Michel; and Guillermo Solana focuses on the work of Monet and Van Gogh and on plein air painting. The works in the catalogue are organised into eight thematic sections, each preceded by a short introduction written by the curator..