Surrealism and the Dream
- October 8, 2013 to January 12, 2014
- Temporary Exhibition Rooms, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza. Level 0 and first basement.
- Opening times
- Tuesdays to Sundays, 10am to 7pm. The temporary exhibition will remain open until 9pm on Saturdays. Closed on Mondays. Closed December 25, 2013 and January 1, 2014.
- Visitors are asked to leave the galleries 5 minutes before closing.
Free entry for media professionals (with proof of status) is only from Tuesdays to Saturdays, 13.30 to 17.30 and on Sundays, 14.00 to 18.00. However on Mondays entry is allowed during normal exhibition hours from 10.00 to 19.00.
- Metro: Banco de España.
- Buses: 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 45, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146 y 150.
- Train: Atocha, Sol and Recoletos stations.
- Information Service
- Tel: 902 760 511
- Available in Spanish, English and French.
- Mobile telephones must not be used in the exhibition rooms.
- Ticket prices
- -Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections € 9,00
- -Surrealism and the Dream exhibition € 10,00
- -Combined ticket for Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections and Surrealism and the Dream exhibition € 15,00
Over 65's and pensioners, students, Youth Card holders, Faculty of Fine Arts members, members of large families (this status must be accredited) and disabled with 33% rating
- -Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections € 6,00
- -Surrealism and the dream exhibition € 6,00
- -Combined ticket for Thyssen-Bornemisza Collections and Surrealism and the Dream exhibition € 8,00
- Free admission:
- Children under twelve years of age accompanied by adults
- Citizens who are officially unemployed
- Ticket sales
- Limited entry numbers.
Early booking is recommended to ensure entry for the chosen day and time. In order to limit visitor numbers and to ensure that you see the works in comfort, entry is by timed slot every 15 minutes. Please remember that the last entry slot is at 17.30, or 21.00 on Saturdays (subject to ticket availability)
- Advance purchase:
- -At the Museum's ticket office
- -902 760 511
- Ground floor.