Talks by museum staff in the galleries
Visit - 18 May 2023
Once again this year, eight members of the art departments will be giving explanations in the museum's galleries to bring the permanent collection and the Carmen Thyssen Museum closer to the public during the celebration of International Museum Day.
Between 12.00 and 14.00, restorers, curators and assistants begin every half hour and in different rooms explanations about periods, artists and works, in interventions that seek dialogue with the public, who can join in freely during their visit.
- Room 11. Restoration of The Virgin of Humility: Susana Pérez (Chief Conservation officer).
- Room 12. 17th Century: Caravaggio and Baroque Painting: Mar Borobia (Chief Curator Old Masters).
- Room 35. 20th Century. Expressionist Portraits: Carlota Zamora Heras (Exhibitions and Content Assistant).
- Room 38. 20th Century. Flowers: Clara Marcellán (Curator Modern Painting).
- Room 41. 20 th Century. The Cubist Tradition I: Paula Luengo (Curator and Chief Exhibitions).
- Room 44. 20th Century. Dada and Surrealism: Marta Ruiz del Árbol (Curator Modern Painting).
- Room 45. 20th Century. Interwar Realisms: Carmen Vizcayno (Exhibition and Content Assistant).
- Room A. 17th and 18 th Centuries. Old Masters: Juan Ángel López (Curator and Chief Content Officer).