Louis Vuitton presented Time Capsule, a journey through the history of the House that revisited its landmark innovations in technology and design. Travelling from the House’s beginnings in 1854 to the present day, the story was told using rare and celebrated objects selected from the Louis Vuitton archive.
Time Capsule demonstrated the ways in which Louis Vuitton has anticipated the needs and desires of a changing world over 160 years. As advances in transport had accelerated our movement around the world, so Louis Vuitton had continued to address new challenges faced by travelers with imaginative and ingenious creations.
The exhibition followed a visual timeline of landmark moments in the Louis Vuitton story, focusing on six key aspects:
- The Keys to the Codes, those distinctive designed features that could be traced back to Louis Vuitton’s very first trunks.
- Journeys around the World, revealing how Louis Vuitton met the demands of new forms of transport.
- Elegance in Motion, showing how Louis Vuitton had enabled its clients to travel in style.
- Icons of the House, a selection of Louis Vuitton’s most memorable and emblematic creations.
- Magic Malle, symbol of the House, the trunk is where it all began.
- Artisans Room, live experience with Louis Vuitton craftsmen.