The guide is responsible for the compliance of the following requirements: :
- The group should keep a safe distance within its members.
- The use of face masks is mandatory.
- Leaving in the cloakroom those objects not allowed inside the galleries before the visit begins.
- Due to local regulations, the number of people in group visits is limited to 15 (13 + 2 teachers/guides) at the permanent collection and 10 at the temporary exhibition.
- The use of a group tour guide system (a microphone and receiver) is required.
- The group should follow the signage for one-way routing.
The museum since the end June 2020 is certified as a GLOBAL SITE SAFE which ensures the implementation of hygiene and disinfection protocols of its premises both for visitors and staff.
How to book your group visit
Holidays on which guided tours do not take place are: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, 18 May, 12 October, 1 November, 6 December and 8 December.
- Online booking and purchase is necessary. The guide may only book a single time slot (either for the Permanent collection or a temporary exhibition) during which the guided tour will take place. If another space is required on the same day, availability must be confirmed at the Museum’s Information Desk on the day of the tour.
- Up to 6 people: Individual ticket.
For privately-guided tours up to six people including the guide. In order to obtain a ticket that is reduced or free of charge, we ask visitors to present relevant and valid documentation.
- 7 people or more: Group +6 ticket.
Privately-guided groups of seven people or more are eligible for this ticket. This type of ticket does not permit any individual concessions or free admission.
- Remember you are required to use a group tour guide system (a microphone and receiver) to help reduce the noise level in our exhibition rooms and to offer the best possible visitor experience. Guided tours for students up to Bachelor degree level are exempt from this requirement. The Museum provides a micro-receiver rental service (€1 per receiver)for groups that do not have such a system.