How to book your group visit
Holidays on which guided tours do not take place are: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, 18 May, 12 October, 1 November, 6 December and 8 December.
- Online booking and purchase is necessary. The guide may only book a single time slot (either for the Permanent collection or a temporary exhibition) during which the guided tour will take place. If another space is required on the same day, availability must be confirmed at the Museum’s Information Desk on the day of the tour.
- Up to 6 people: Individual ticket.
For privately-guided tours up to six people including the guide. In order to obtain a ticket that is reduced or free of charge, we ask visitors to present relevant and valid documentation.
- 7 people or more: Group +6 ticket.
Privately-guided groups of seven people or more are eligible for this ticket. This type of ticket does not permit any individual concessions or free admission.
- Remember you are required to use a group tour guide system (a microphone and receiver) to help reduce the noise level in our exhibition rooms and to offer the best possible visitor experience. Guided tours for students up to Bachelor degree level are exempt from this requirement. The Museum provides a micro-receiver rental service (€1 per receiver)for groups that do not have such a system.
- Only guide dogs and emotional support pets are allowed (on presentation of a medical certificate).
The guide is responsible for compliance with the following rules:
- Accreditation at the information desk before the start of the visit.
- The group must deposit backpacks, bags, umbrellas, suitcases or toys in the cloakroom before the start of the tour. See here more details. This free service also has cane-chairs (only for visits to the permanent collection), prams and wheelchairs available to visitors who need them.
- It is still compulsory to use a group guide system (microphone + your own receiver) for the guided tour of both the temporary exhibitions and the permanent collection. For those groups that do not have this system, the museum offers a rental service (€1 per receiver),
- No phone calls may be received or made inside the rooms. Headphones are required to use the apps on tablets and mobile phones.
- Persons wishing to draw or write in the galleries may only do so on sheet-size paper and with a graphite pencil. Under no circumstances may anyone enter the galleries with painting materials or with pens or other materials that may cause damage to the works of art (e.g. tripods, monopods or selfie sticks).
- It is not permitted to use support material or carry out other types of activities in the room. The use of tablets by the guide or teacher is permitted with due respect for the rest of the visitors.